HomeNewsPhotos

Photos

U.S. Navy VC-4 memorial marker restoration
Melissa Swanson, Naval History and Heritage Command Conservator, takes measurements of a U.S. Navy VC-4 memorial marker, located near the main gate of the 177th Fighter Wing of the New Jersey Air National Guard in Egg Harbor Township, N.J., on July 20, 2016. The monument, erected in May 1994 by the Association of The Composite Squadron Four Nightcappers, pays tribute to the members of the VC-4 Squadron based at Naval Air Station Atlantic City from September 1948 to May 1958 who gave the ultimate sacrifice. Swanson, based out of Richmond, Virginia, removed lichens growing on the sides and back of the monument and polished the bronze plaque. (U.S. Air National Guard photo by Master Sgt. Andrew J. Moseley/Released)

Download Image: Full Size (5.02 MB)
Tags:
Photo by:  |  VIRIN: 160720-Z-YH452-017.JPG